Q: How are Wows made?
A: We 3D print everything with our small 3d printing farm in Sydney, Australia. We use a material called PLA, or poly(lactic) acid, which is a bioplastic derived from corn.
Q: Are your products environmentally friendly?A:
- Our products are made from corn, not petroleum. They are recyclable and industrially compostable.
- We use 100% green electricity to run our printers.
- Through our filament supplier, we plant a tree per spool of filament we use.
- Our printed materials are made from recycled and FSC certified paper using a Risograph process utilising soy based inks and stencils made from banana leaves. Thanks Pinch Press!
- Our shipping boxes are all cardboard, and our filling material is brown kraft paper.
- Finally, we design our products to last a long time. The longer you keep them, the smaller their carbon footprint relative to their useful (and beautiful) lives.
Q: How to look after my Wows?
A: It's important to note that they are not a toy. They are delicate and should be treated with care. Also, ensure they don't get too hot, because they're designed to be compostable, they will deform and start to break down at temperatures above 50 degrees celsius.